Friday, March 26, 2021

AFX 3-Snap Flip Shield (Clear)

AFX 3-Snap Flip Shield (Clear)


AFX 3-Snap Flip Shield (Clear)

Buy AFX 3-Snap Flip Shield (Clear): Helmet Shields - ✓ FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases

The shield is super clear, and large enough to cover my face. The three snaps that attach the the face shield to the helmet are tight but the shield can be attached with effort. The snap that holds the shield in the down position is substantial and holds the shield down even at highway speeds.
This full face shield is useful, as it has a full visor. However, I had to stop using it, as the shield has no lock when fully down, just a weak snap. So a good wind gust will flip the shield up, which is dangerous. It is also supposed to be clear, but it is tinted somewhat, so it optically interferes with polorized sunglasses.
I put this on my Bell 500 Custom Helmet it is easy to install it looks OK But if you ride more than 40 mph there is a horrible brain splitting whistle it is so bad i had to turn around & go home after 15 minutes & take it of my helmet, this shield is worse than useless for motorcyclists.
I have 40 years riding experience i have owned many many helmets & visors & this is the worst that i have tried, it may be OK if you ride a moped but a motorcycle no way unless you never ride above 40 mph.
Great quality, fits VESPA helmet. Took awhile to find one that actually fits. Anyway, I like this, since I ride in Hawaii, and the sun is blindingly bright in summer.
I read tons of reviews from many different 3 snap face shields and most of them on Amazon say the shields would flip up while riding really fast from the wind. Even some reviews for this particular product.

My bike is only 125cc but I've gotten it up to 65-70mph and the shield has never flipped up on it's own.

Works great for the price, no complaints here!


Price: US $19.95
Rating: 4.4 / 5.0 from 172 Reviews

Get it Now

Specification

AFX North America Inc.
is a family-owned and operated manufacturer of motorcycle, ATV, scooter and snowmobile helmets.
Established in 1996, the Cerritos (CA, USA) and London (ON, Canada) based company has enjoyed exceptional growth and currently stands as one of the top helmet suppliers for the North American market.Anti-scratch flip-style shield.Fits most three-snap helmets.Optically correct.UV treated.Measures approximately 6-1/4" high.Sold individually.


Description

Color:CLEAR

AFX North America Inc.


Cool! Needed replacement shield, and I guess I didn't read complete description, but I thought it was snap-in-place fixed shield. I was very pleasantly surprised that it was a flip up visor. I was also looking for a sun visor at same time and happy I found visor and shield with one product.
Unless you want to stay in first and second gear all your life, OR you like a shrill constant whistle, pick a different face shield. It is crystal clear, but I can’t see great with it anyway since it scoops a ton of air making my eyes water! Also, the snaps are a little iffy. Literally fell off in my hand once when I tried to click it down after wiping my watering eyes at an intersection.
I don’t want to ruin the rating but I thought this would work on my helmet but it didn’t. I can tell you it was well made and looked like if it did attach it would be great


Product information

Color:CLEAR

Technical Details

ManufacturerAFX
BrandAFX
ModelAFX 3-Snap Flip Shield
Item Weight1.6 ounces
Package Dimensions9.1 x 6 x 4.2 inches
Item model number01310075
Is Discontinued By ManufacturerNo
Manufacturer Part Number0131-0075
FoldingNo
Safety RatingOther

4.4 out of 5 starsBest Sellers Rank#30,005 in Automotive (See Top 100 in Automotive)
#11 in Powersports Helmet Shields
Date First AvailableJanuary 18, 2014

Warranty & Support

Product Warranty:For warranty information about this product, please click here

Feedback

Would you like totell us about a lower price?

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment