Thursday, November 5, 2020

FLU Designs F-25009 Grip Seat Cover for Kawasaki KX 125/250

FLU Designs F-25009 Grip Seat Cover for Kawasaki KX 125/250


FLU Designs F-25009 Grip Seat Cover for Kawasaki KX 125/250

Buy FLU Designs F-25009 Grip Seat Cover for Kawasaki KX 125/250: Seat Covers - ✓ FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases

I bought this for my 2007 SV650S, in hopes of reducing wind buffeting on chest on helmet at freeway speeds.

This spoiler screen is only about 3 inches high, but it sure does the job. On my first ride I wasn't realizing how fast I went and when I looked down the first time the speedo showed 75 already. Definitely an improvement, it makes cruising at freeway- and interstate speeds more bearable.

The smoke color matches the Suzuki factory windshield.

The mount and adjusting mechanisms are quite sturdy and look good.

I actually had ordered and tried different spoiler windscreens, namely the MRX sport- and touring. However the mount and adjusting hardware seems much more finnicky with many parts and small screws, and honestly don't look as sharp.

The only small drawback, and the reason I am not giving 5 stars is this: when adjusting the screen, there are two different hinges on each side. If you adjust only one hinge at a time (both sides simultaneously of course) it's fine. If, however you adjust both at the same time, e.g. twisitng the visor up and at the same time 'out', the springs get somehow overloaded and the plastic hinge holder pops open. It's not too bad to re-assemble it but if that happened on the road you'd probably lose some small parts. So keep that in mind and carefully adjust only one hinge at a time.

Bottom line- looks great, works great. Don't worry about falling off, if torqued correctly it will hold rock steady. I tried it.

Update after a 150 mile ride-
I tried different angles to see which is the most effective. Given the notches on the hinges, there are basically 5 different positions that are possible, three being parallel to the windshield and two with the visor being upright. Not surprisingly the two positions where the visor is upright provide slightly better wind protection. However, I discovered that in these positions the bottom of the visor actually binds to the windshield and by the end of the day I ended up with a small scratch on the windshield. I wish the notches on the hinges were more fine so that one would have more options in adjusting. Therefore I am going to switch back to the MRA X-creen and returning this item. It's not bad I just want more options.
I installed this on my 2018 Fat Bob with the Harley 15" windshield. I was having a lot of buffeting issues, to the point I almost just removed the whole windshield. I gave this a shot and I'm very glad I did. It resolved all of my wind issues. It is a little pricey, but if you're logging a lot of highway miles, it's well worth it. You do need to be careful adjusting because if you twist the connectors, the cover that holds the spring will come off. It's easy enough to snap back together but it could be an issue if you're not paying attention. To be safe, I put a couple of small zip ties around them. It's probably not needed but just being safe.
Little spendy but what isnt right? im 6'3" and my stock windscreen (1200gs) didnt cut it - but i dont like the larger screens. this thing is AWESOME and blocks 90% of bugs and i can hear my motor again. excellent
Helps break up the wind buffeting on my helmet.
I don't think the guy that reviewed it that said it came off tightened it correctly
never had an issue with mine
expensive though for what you get


Price: US $31.54
Rating: 4 / 5.0 from 32 Reviews

Get it Now

Specification

Black medium traction grip material
Fits low, standard and tall foam


Description

Made of high quality, one-piece medium grip material. Features extra material to fit tall or standard seat foam.


works perfect
:)
I installed the visor on my Puig windscreen to day and it, and the windscreen lasted about an hour before it flew off and was ran over by the car behind me. The rubber windscreen mounts can not withstand the added wind pressure caused by adding the visor.
The wife hates it, but I love it. Does a great job of deflecting the wind even when braking hard.
A little expensive for what you get but worth every penny. I can actually make and receive phone calls now with my blue tooth intercom. Silent biking now.


Product information

Technical Details

ManufacturerFLU Designs
BrandFLU Designs
ModelF-25009
Item Weight8 ounces
Package Dimensions8.7 x 6.6 x 1.2 inches
Item model numberF-25009
Is Discontinued By ManufacturerYes
Manufacturer Part NumberF-25009
Vehicle Service TypeOff-road-motorcycles

Additional Information

ASINB00CFM8W2Y
Best Sellers Rank#4,397,273 in Automotive (See Top 100 in Automotive)
#6,131 in Powersports Seat Covers
Date First AvailableApril 11, 2013

Warranty & Support

Product Warranty:For warranty information about this product, please click here

Feedback

Would you like totell us about a lower price?

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment