Friday, July 16, 2021

Akrapovic Slip-On Exhaust (Homologated/ECE/Carbon) Compatible with 12-17 Honda NC700X

Akrapovic Slip-On Exhaust (Homologated/ECE/Carbon) Compatible with 12-17 Honda NC700X


Akrapovic Slip-On Exhaust (Homologated/ECE/Carbon) Compatible with 12-17 Honda NC700X

Buy Akrapovic Slip-On Exhaust (Homologated/ECE/Carbon) Compatible with 12-17 Honda NC700X: Complete Systems - ✓ FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases

I hoped that this little guy would divert the air that blows my beard up in my eyes. But, unfortunately it doesn't do much, it's just another shiny thing on my 06 Road Glide. I gave it 4 stars because it isn't cheaply made and it looks nice. It was easy to install and only took a few minutes to put the two screws in it that I could get to work. It's missing a star only because it didn't really make any difference to the bikes air flow for me and after all that's what I really bought it for.
I give this three stars because I'm not really sure it did anything for my '17 FLHX. I installed different deflectors on my bike in series: first this deflector, then fairing deflectors, then fork deflectors. I did not notice any difference at all with just this lower triple deflector installed. Combined with the other deflectors, there is a significant reduction in wind buffeting. I do not feel any wind coming up from in front of the tank, however, I don't believe there was much in the first place - this may be better more non-fairing bikes.
This is the third deflector I've purchased thru the years for my Harleys, so that should say something about how I think it works. It really does deflect the wind coming thru your forks and up and over the tank, especially nice when the temps take a nose dive. Harley used to put these on their touring bikes years ago then stopped. I was told at one dealership that Harley stopped putting them on because it "could lift the front end of the bike off the ground". Really??!!! I've had my bikes over 90mph with this deflector and never once did the front end feel light, or feel like the front end was ever coming off the ground. I don't think my Harley could go fast enough to become airborne because of this deflector, but I did get a good chuckle out of his comment.
It’s so-so as far as effectiveness. It sort of works. Definitely not a stand alone solution by any means but certainly part of a multi strategy approach to reducing wind buffeting. I suppose I would buy it again? I’m not impressed but I don’t hate it either. This is the most average item I have ever purchased. At this low price, it’s not a bad deal. Just buy it.
Advertised as a fit for my bike (04 Road King), which it IS...sort of. The box doesn't list my model as compatible but the bolt holes line up and they tighten down. Had a bit of a tricky time around the front brake line though. Tested them on the stand and they dont appear to be pinched. Once the weather breaks I hope to see if this makes a significant difference in airflow.


Price: US $644.65
Rating: 4.5 / 5.0 from 287 Reviews

Get it Now

Specification

Akrapovic exhausts are the most sought after exhaust systems for their unmatched quality, amazing sound, beautiful style, and unrivaled performance.
The Akrapovic Slip-On line represents the first step in exhaust system tuning.
It is simple to install and replaces a stock muffler.
Change the nature of your bike by adding more power, improved performance, and the unique Akrapovic sound.
Everything packed in stylishly designed Slip-On exhaust systems.


Description

The result of taking design very seriously is a beautifully crafted exhaust system. Oval, hexagonal or round-shaped canister (based on the structure of the tempered connection at the end of the header) with your choice of carbon fiber or titanium outer s


Remove the 2 top Allen bolts on back size of fork clamps and slap this thing on and say goodbye to the buffing. But I have a street glide and put lower fairings on and rode and then bought this deflector and noticed a big difference so between my klock werks flared windshield and lower fairings and this deflector and the batwing deflectors I have no buffing at 120 mph. And at 70 you feel like your in a convertible car.
I just put this on my 2017 road glide ultra. Rode for an hour with all the fairing vents closed and noticed very little turbulence coming up through the fork tunnel in the fairing. Usually running with the vents open helps equalize the air pressure behind the fairing wich cut down on air flow coming up through the fork tunnel. Closing the vents increased the air coming up through the tunnel causing a lot of air to hit my face and under my visor on my shorty helmet causing a lot of turbulence. With this gadget in and vents closed I noticed significantly less air coming up from underneath. Well worth the investment.
Kuyakyn Part # 1804: Perfect fit on my 2018 Ultra Limited. Easy install, less than 10 minutes. Remove two bolts and position deflector and replace bolts. EASY!
Made from metal and chrome. Works exceptionally well. I had one on my 04 Electra Glide and 16 Road Glide. I forgot all about it when I bought the 2018 Ultra. I wear a half helmet and it kept pushing up from the air. The Kuryakyn 1804 wind deflector made a world of difference and was certainly worth it.
Only negative thing I can say - this should have been something that Harley designed and included on the bike.
I have a '19 Road Glide, and was always getting a lot of wind coming up between the tank and the fairing. This eliminated that. (Yes, I've ran my bike with the vents open, and closed - and tbh, never noticed any difference). I've also noticed that I can hear my radio above 70 mph now!

Installation is super easy. Takes longer to grab the tools than to install. Fit is perfect. Chrome finish excellent.

No negatives at all. Would HIGHLY recommend to anyone riding a RoadGlide.
I bought this for my 2020 Electra Glide Standard. Mounting it was very easy, no hardware needed, just a allen set or driver. I had installed one on my old Road King a few years back and it made a significant difference, where it almost completely reduced the wind coming up from around under the gas tank and causing a lot of buffeting, making your glasses vibrate or jiggle about and the wind noise would be irritating after a while of riding ( yes I wear a half helmet). So back to this particular unit. As I mentioned I mounted it in on a motorcycle with a batwing fairing, the wind buffeting was not reduced very much, so I am guessing that it could be due to the fact that this bike has a fairing and the aerodynamics might be different than a bike with just a windshield. That's the only explanation that makes sense to me. I could be way out to lunch, but it's just my opinion.
Anyway for the price of this compared to what I paid to HD for the chrome one on the RG, I'm ok with it, being marginal. I'll be looking at the batwing wind deflectors now.


Product information

Technical Details

ManufacturerAkrapovic
BrandAkrapovic
ModelAkrapovic Slip-On Exhaust
Item Weight19.84 pounds
Package Dimensions35.43 x 26.77 x 19.69 inches
Item model numberS-H7SO2-HRC
Is Discontinued By ManufacturerNo
Manufacturer Part NumberS-H7SO2-HRC
FoldingNo

Additional Information

ASINB01EO8725Y
Best Sellers Rank#2,645,794 in Automotive (See Top 100 in Automotive)
#1,559 in Powersports Full Exhaust Systems
Date First AvailableJune 10, 2016

Warranty & Support

Product Warranty:For warranty information about this product, please click here

Feedback

Would you like totell us about a lower price?

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment