Friday, June 25, 2021

Klock Werks Flare for 1996-2013 FLH (11.5" Clear)

Klock Werks Flare for 1996-2013 FLH (11.5" Clear)


Klock Werks Flare for 1996-2013 FLH (11.5" Clear)

: Klock Werks Flare for 1996-2013 FLH (11.5" Clear): Automotive

Unfortunately ordered this windshield & was unable to install due to the type of handlebars I have (14" LA Choppers Twin Peaks Ape Handlebars). The windshield condition & fitment was fine, although was unusable due to this. So keep that in mind! If your handlebars are close to your fairing, this will not work for you.
Fits perfect on my 2009 Yamaha Stratoliner which I had ordered the Fairing from USA trailer store. Thought the 11 inch would be to tall.. I am only 5'6" but my bike sits low so the top of the windshield is right at my eye level... the new fairing and windshield makes my cruiser look so much different and better looking. I can now ride with the half face German helmet and riding is so much more fun being able to get up to higher speeds with no wind blowing in your face and not having to wear a full face in this heat.... up date... this windshield is by knock
I researched new windshields for my Street Glide for about a week before deciding on this one. I had been using a Harley 7" Wind Splitter windshield and wanted something that would take more of the wind off my head. I even called Klick Werks and talked to one of their salesmen. He told me this windshield would be just a little higher and would be a drastic difference than the Wind Splitter I've been using. Well, if you have the wind Splitter and are considering this windshield don't waste your money! There is no difference at all! Even the Klock Werks decal is crooked. If I could send it back I would but it's already installed.
I ordered the 10 1/2" light tinted Flare shield (KW05-01-0205). I am 6' 1" tall and cannot see over the shield (as it is intended to be) I have the factory seat (the large touring seat).

Before I ordered I used Amazon'z "Ask a questions" feature to ask other owners if this windshield would work for me, given my height, most people who responded said I should go with the 10 1/2". I cannot imagine any person less than 6' 4" being able to see over this shield. Because of the flare design, the area of the shield I can see through is very distorted.

This windshield is advertised as 10 1/2" tall, it is in fact 11 1/2" tall. Keep this in mind when deciding what size you want.

It was frustrating needing to return this, primarily because of the height. I still gave it three stars, as long as you keep the height in mind this is a well built shield.
I bought 2 of these @ the same time, one for my'2005 Ultra Classic and my dad also has a 2005 Electric Glide Standard .... both shield fit perfect on the bike ... Im 6ft. tall and the shield is just tall enough for me look over the top but still keep the wind outta my face and eyes just so this gives anyone with a good reference of these shields ... I bougth 8.5 smoke and they are completely awesome .... U will not be dissappointed ... Hope this helps


Price: US $179.95
Rating: 4.6 / 5.0 from 346 Reviews

Get it Now

Specification

Features “hips” at the outer edge of the shield that re-route the air to add downforce to the front of the bike, improving stability vs riding with a stock shield.
Flip” at the top of the Flare is designed to kick the air up and back as “clean”, less turbulent air for the rider and passenger.
Made from hard-coated polycarbonate material for added durability.
Klock Werks recommends you choose a height that you can look over comfortably.
Windshield bags WILL work with our Flare. Traditional three-pouch windshield bags work with the 8.5" Tall and 11.5" Tall Flare Windshields.


Description

Size:11.5 Inch | Color:Clear

Klock Werks Flare is the original windshield of its kind, and has surprised riders everywhere with not only how great it looks, but also with how well it performs. The innovative design features “hips” at the outer edge of the shield that re-route the air to add downforce to the front of the bike, improving stability vs riding with a stock shield. The “flip” at the top of the Flare is designed to kick the air up and back as “clean”, less turbulent air for the rider and passenger. Made from hard-coated polycarbonate material for added durability.


Let me first say, I'm 5'6" riding an Electra Glide, with a long beard. I ordered the 6.5" Flare after reading, and seeing claims of dirty air not effecting smokers, and ball cap wearers. I currently use a bandana to keep my beard from beating me in the face, I was hoping the Flare would fix that, it did not. As for the buffeting, yeah, its even more noticeable, 70 mph plus was more than I had on the old one. Really wanted this to work, and solve some issues, but I took it off, and returned it.
PERFECT! I am 5'11" this blocks wind but I can see over it and through it....I did smaller but tired of bugs, wind, rocks....tried taller but can't see over it....wanted to be able to see pavement in front of me and block wind...music sounds better too! Buy it!!
I ordered the 8 1/2 for Christmas put it under the tree. Then I got new 12inh bars . So after getting the bars on the bike the 8 1/2 was to short for me being just under 6'2". So I've been trying to return it for several weeks. I ordered the 11" put on and it works great. But very disappointed with the Customer service. Long story short I paid twice the price for one that fits.
Verry satisfied and great looks on the bike.
It's tall. And protects you well. I'm 6'2 and it deflects the wind over top of my helmet. I can hear the stereo better also. It doesn't look as cool as the 8.5 inch one. But it's not bad either. Mini wind jammer.


Product information

Size:11.5 Inch | Color:Clear

Technical Details

ManufacturerKlock Werks
BrandKlock Werks
ModelFLH 1996-2013 Flare
Item Weight2.9 pounds
Product Dimensions22.9 x 14.1 x 7.8 inches
Item model numberFLH 1996-2013 Flare
Is Discontinued By ManufacturerNo
Manufacturer Part Number2310-0226
FoldingNo
Vehicle Service TypeCruiser/Touring

4.6 out of 5 starsBest Sellers Rank#148,271 in Automotive (See Top 100 in Automotive)
#229 in Powersports Windshields
Date First AvailableFebruary 11, 2010

Warranty & Support

Product Warranty:For warranty information about this product, please click here

Feedback

Would you like totell us about a lower price?

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment