Wednesday, June 9, 2021

HELMET FX-75Y WHITE M

HELMET FX-75Y WHITE M


HELMET FX-75Y WHITE M

Buy HELMET FX-75Y WHITE M: Helmets - ✓ FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases

First impressions. I bought this cover looking for something with a heavier material than what is average out there. I've been using another cover with lighter material, that actually fit the motorcycle like a glove, but I've gone through several of them over the last 5 years. Their fit was great, but durability and colorfastness was an issue, if left out in the Florida weather and sunshine. They cost about $35 each, this Dowco Guardian was $100. The material on the Guardian is certainly heavier, and seems really well made. It has a cotton panel for windshield protection, and a different lower material for hot pipes protection. The material is heavier, but not so heavy that it makes installation a PIA. I had tried one years ago that was much heavier, but was so difficult to maneuver into place, I suspected I would rarely use it. The weight of the Guardian is just right. I didn't understand the usefulness of the zipper until I saw it's placement. It will be handy when the bike is parked and you need to access the trunk or saddlebags, and it also facilitates installation on the bike. My bike is a GL1500 Goldwing. Dowco recommends the XXL version for that bike, and the XXXL for the GL1800. My 1500 has highway pegs on the engine case guard, which causes the cover to be just too tight around the saddlebags for using the zipper closure. I wound up getting the XXXL for my 1500, which solved that problem. It also provides a bit more coverage on the lower part of the bike. As for durability, that remains to be seen. It appears that it will hold up better than my past covers. With a lifetime warranty, if it has any problems I will expect that to be taken care of.
It's a good cover. Protects my bike from heavy rains. It's not 100% sealed so don't be surprised to see water drops and condensation after a shower. Zip on the back helps to access the saddlebags and the trunk, but definitely lets the water in so it is up to you what you need more - easy access or better water proof. Overall, not bad. Size chart is a bit confusing, I bought an XL for my Road King and it's a right size IMO. L was recommended, but I think it would be a bit too small.

Revised after the first snow on 12/09/17

We had a snow last weekend (a mix of sleet, snow and water). It snowed for a couple of days. I tried to clean the snow off the cover and keep it as dry as possible. I washed and waxed my bike a couple days before the snow. When I removed it last night the bike was covered with a lot of dirty spots everywhere like it wasn't a snow, but dirt and mud falling off the sky. As much as I was satisfied with Dowco covers (that's my second one) I'm very frustrated now... Do not recommend this cover as it does not provide a protection it supposed to since it is advertised as "all weather outdoor cover". Gotta find something better now.
This cover is made of cheap material and is haphazadly stitched. It is not a lot better than the far much cheaper Cyclegear covers. It is not very waterproof either. When I take the cover off after a rain, there is alway drops of water on the motorcycle underneth it.

From previous experience with this very same model cover I have found that it will last r will only last two years at most before fading and then ripping. I have old Nelson Rigg covers which have lasted far longer than any Dowco cover.

The particular cover model does in fact have lifetime warranty but the problem with this warranty is that Dowco requires the owner to send them a large patch cut out of the fabric to prove you actually own the cover to get the replacement. This renders the cover useless until Dowco decides to get around to sending the replacement unit.

It would be far better and quicker if the retail store where the cover was purchased was allowed to make the replacement decision.

I
I've been using Dowco covers for years in Florida. My bikes are parked outdoors so a good cover is very necessary. This cover has a zipper to help in fitment and access to the rearend of my bike. It also has heat resistent aluminized panels to cover warm pipes. I own a Harley Davidson Road Glide Limited FLTRK. It just fits. It's a little tight but I prefer my covers to fit tightly around the motorcycle vs. a floppy fit. Dowco provides a life time warranty so if ever something goes wrong with the cover they'll replace it. I availed myself of this warranty on a previous cover and Dowco stood behind their product. All in all it's a great cover for the money. Just a side note, I also pack a Geza 1/2 cover to cover my motorcycle when I am out and about. It's more expensive but worth it to protect the motorcycle from UV and rain. One problem I have with covers is condensation. in the morning hours the humid air on the inside of the cover condenses on the underside of the cover. The water drips down on my motorcycle which leaves water spots particularly on the rear case. I have no solution for that and is one of the reasons I prefer a tight fit.
Best bike cover I've ever had. The zipped back is a brilliant idea.


Price: US $67.50
Rating: 4.5 / 5.0 from 336 Reviews

Get it Now

Specification

This helmet model meets or exceeds DOT FMVSS-218 motorcycle helmet safety standards
Retention system is Double D-RING
Provides ample ear cavity space for most speaker systems
A clear coat nish to protect paint & graphics
A youth large-size FX-75Y weighs 1.20 kg or 2.65 lbs. Available size: YS, YM AND YL


Description

AFX knows helmets and have designed a line of off-road, MX, and ATV helmets specifically for that market. A good example is the FX-17Y. The FX17Y helmet model meets or exceeds ECE 22.05 motorcycle helmet safety standards. Your off-road, MX, and ATV customers will be in good hands with the FX-17Y as this helmet features an aerodynamic shell design constructed using an advanced lightweight composite poly-alloy and is specifically designed to fit a wide range of youth and adults. The retention system is a race approved Double D-RING. A clear coat finish protects paint and the stylish graphics. The FX-17Y has 11 points of ventilation with chin, side, forehead, top and rear vents. That’s three intake vents and eight exhaust vents to help keep them cool on hot rides and race days. Their goggles will stay put as well thanks to detailed features like the goggle guide on the eye-port trim and the goggle strap grabbers. The AFX Youth Liner System allows custom size configuration by changing the hypoallergenic, anti-microbial, and washable nylon liner components as necessary. Goggle grabbers on the eye port trim hold eye protection in place while double D-rings on the chinstrap ensure helmet retention during even the most extreme maneuvers. A clear coat finish protects the color and graphics to keep the helmet looking great in extended use. The FX-17Y helmet is available in sizes YS, YM, and YL, with a size YL weighing in at only 1.24 kg. It meets or exceeds ECE 22.05 certification standards.


I have a 2014 Honda VFR 800 set up as a touring bike with a Givi triple-bag set and a high Puig windshield. The back of the bike is very wide (40”) and tall (53”) with all of the bags attached. Finding a cover that properly fits this bike was difficult. My previous cover was too big and flapped in the wind, and let a lot of rain in. This cover, however is a perfect fit - it accommodates the width at the back and the high windshield. I particularly like the zipper at the rear - not only does it give access to the bags and under the rear seat, but partially loosening it helps with the removal. In the several weeks it has been in use it has seen wind, rain, snow, freezing rain, falling twigs and bird droppings. So far so good - a perfect score. Expensive? Yes. Well worth it. It offers very good protection.
Yes IMHO the valise is sadly tiny which may be a point of misery (unless you packed parachutes for a living) while touring on the open road. The cover itself is soft and supple with a large soft pad stitched in for windshields and a clever vent which helps keeps condensation from forming. Getting the cover on and off a bagger is simple thanks to the zipper in the back; Installs easy on wide bikes, and wont scuff up your paint like a cheap waterproof cover normally does. Happy riding!
Bought this cover for our 2013 Yamaha Royal Star Venture. I've installed the back trunk rack.
I had initially communicated with Christine via email at Dowco. She was extremely helpful in determining the size I would require. My advice is to listen to the suggestions and purchase a XXXL. Yup! That's 3XL! It fits perfect and will cover an RSV perfectly, and not touch the ground anywhere along from front to back. I can see how this 3XL will work on a Newer Gold Wing as well.
The zipper is a very handy feature for accessing the trunk and saddlebags without removing the whole cover. Although, the ends of the zipper near the ground out back aren't "cleanly" finished/stitched in my opinion. I'm not a professional seamstress though.
I have the shorter OEM clear windscreeen and the soft liner sewn inside up front covers it well. I don't know how well it will fit for the taller OEM windscreen.
The zipper out back is shielded from directly contacting the trunk paint quite well with a bib. I don't know that if in a windy situation that it will be enough to avoid marring the trunk paint. I needn't worry though, the trunk rack holds the cover clear of the trunk paint perfectly. If I didn't have a trunk rack though, I probably would carry a soft larger microfibre cloth with me to drape over the passenger backrest down to the key lock to eliminate the cover contacting the paint.
The compression bag that is provided does a great job of making this cover a hauled item. Although, it will take up almost 1/2 of an RSV saddle bag or a third of the trunk. Hence this is why I purchased the trunk rack to accomodate this cover. I weighed the bag compressed cover in at about 5.5 lbs. So, with a rain suit, that's about all I can bungee to the trunk rack, keeping it under 10 lbs. is my intention.
I've since gone and purchased the Dowco Alarm that fits into one of the pockets sewn into the inside of the cover. I haven't used it yet, but it certainly is loud. Will it really deter a potential thief from stealing the motorcycle or cover. I don't want to find out. But, it's another hinderance to make me feel better at night.
I have a Kimpex thinner cover from years ago. It fits the RSV well, but I can say it will never protect the motorcycle for the elements like the Dowco will.
My advise is to purchase this cover if you want to protect you motorcycle from the elements. I won't be using this cover on a daily basis, only when extended touring. I can see how this cover would easily stand up to extended element exposure. I feel the price I paid for it is worth the value. I paid less than currently posted, but I would again purchase it for the current price.
Great quality product. Had my motorcycle out in the sun and rain with this cover for 3 months. Did a great job protecting my bike, by keeping the elements and dust away. The back zipper is great to get at the saddlebags. The clip tie in the front is handy and helps keep everything snug and dry in windy rainy weather.


Product information

Technical Details

ManufacturerAFX North America Inc.
BrandAFX
ModelFx-75
Item Weight3 pounds
Item model number0105-0015
Is Discontinued By ManufacturerNo
Manufacturer Part Number0105-0015
Safety RatingOther
Vehicle Service TypeATV

Additional Information

ASINB000GYNYOO
Best Sellers Rank#4,875,445 in Automotive (See Top 100 in Automotive)
#26,093 in Motorcycle & Powersports Helmets
Date First AvailableNovember 9, 2009

Warranty & Support

Product Warranty:For warranty information about this product, please click here

Feedback

Would you like totell us about a lower price?

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment