Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Puig Racing Windscreen (3mm) (Smoke) Compatible with 15-18 BMW S1000RR

Puig Racing Windscreen (3mm) (Smoke) Compatible with 15-18 BMW S1000RR


Puig Racing Windscreen (3mm) (Smoke) Compatible with 15-18 BMW S1000RR

: Puig Racing Windscreen (3mm) (Smoke) Compatible with 15-18 BMW S1000RR: Automotive

a must, was the only thing that was wrong with bike stock shield very soft subject to wind wave


Price: US $91.15
Rating: 5 / 5.0 from 2 Reviews

Get it Now

Specification

Windscreen derived from competition.
Its double height diminishes the air pressure to the helmet.
Made of 2 or 3 mm high-impact acrylic, resistant and durable.
Round finished edge on models from 2004 meet the standards for the German TUV.
Edge trim is not necessary.


Description

Made of high-impact acrylic, giving each screen added strength and flexibility. 2 or 3 mm thickness helps absorb vibration at high speeds and offers resistance from cracking or scratching. All screens are developed using information from wind tunnel testi


I've only read 1 review that mentions a large head. I measured mine at a whopping 25.2 inches. I was skeptical and hadn't heard of anyone with this helmet but went with the 3xl and that was not a mistake! Fits great! I came from a Bell rogue that cost 3 times as much. And this is an upgrade.

Also read that on the highway that the wind pushes it up. That is not true. No pull of any kind.

2 month update** I have the biltwell bubble shield (chrome) installed and get a lot of compliments with it. Only part that shows wear is the quick release pull tab but its expected. Would recommend to anyone looking for a 3/4 helmet.
The reality is this.....like skinny jeans and spandex yoga pants, some things are just simply not designed to be worn by certain folks.

I have a big XL oval shaped head. 23 5/8” in circumference. I wanted a low profile retro 3/4 helmet. I tried the Biltwell Bonanza, Bell 500 and the Sick Lid’s Retro. All fine well made, quality helmets but each of them made me look like an Apollo astronaut. I had all but given up until I had opted to try the Daytona 3/4 Cruiser. Depending on the make, I typically wear either an XL or a 2XL. I ordered both. I’ve found that most helmets are designed for round shaped heads. If you have an oval shape like mine, you’ll typically have an uncomfortable pressure point from the padding across the forehead. Often the only way to overcome this issue is to go a size up. In my case, XL to 2XL. Surprisingly, the Daytona XL fit very well with little kneading of the forehead pad with my thumbs. The 2XL was too large and shifted when I turned my head left to right. I kept the XL and sent the 2XL back with no problems.

The Daytona Cruiser is well made, true to its low-profile claim and still fits comfortably well. The ratcheting chin strap is a pleasure to use over the common but cumbersome D-ring.

I liked this helmet so much I bought two.
very happy with it
Less of a mushroom head look.


Product information

Technical Details

ManufacturerPuig
BrandPuig
ModelPuig Racing Windscreen
Item Weight1.37 pounds
Product Dimensions17.5 x 16.1 x 6.8 inches
Item model number7564H
Is Discontinued By ManufacturerNo
Manufacturer Part Number7564H
OEM Part Number7564H
Vehicle Service TypeStreet Bike

5.0 out of 5 starsBest Sellers Rank#937,030 in Automotive (See Top 100 in Automotive)
#1,919 in Powersports Windshields
Date First AvailableJuly 30, 2015

Warranty & Support

Product Warranty:For warranty information about this product, please click here

Feedback

Would you like totell us about a lower price?

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment