Thursday, January 7, 2021

AGV Unisex-Adult Full Face Helmet (Black, Medium)

AGV Unisex-Adult Full Face Helmet (Black, Medium)


AGV Unisex-Adult Full Face Helmet (Black, Medium)

Buy AGV Unisex-Adult Full Face Helmet (Black, Medium): Helmets - ✓ FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases

 First let me say that excellent customer service means a LOT in the world of online shopping. This seller is all about great CS! 10 stars for excellent customer service!

I ordered this LED light kit after returning a similar kit (different vendor) because it was DOA with no instructions, no contact info, no documentation. DiTRIO was the exact opposite. They provide instructions and good documentation with color graphics. The kit is well packaged and protected. Best of all - they include a direct email address if you have questions or run into issue...which I did.

The first DiTRIO kit I received had been clearly returned by a previous customer to Amazon for having one (of 12) bad LED pod, which was wrapped in scrap paper (see pictures). Amazon (not the seller) must have restocked the kit without replacing the bad pod, which got sent to me on my order. Luckily I did a bench test prior to installation and discovered the bad pod. Thankfully, DiTRIO includes a direct email. I emailed them about the bad pod, thinking it would be easier to replace the one pod. DiTRIO emailed me back THE SAME DAY and promised to send a whole, completely new kit. They sent a whole kit, two-day shipping! No return required. WOW! That is excellent customer service!!

Here is why Is said "4 stars for the kit." The kit works fine...most of the time. As described and pictured here on Amazon, there is a control module with a LONG power lead. There is a master power button off that control module on a LONG lead. There is one 2/1 'Y' splitters. There are two 6/1 splitters. And then there are a total of 12 LED pods; four each of short, medium and long. There is a massive bundle of wires that require being taped, tied and tucked out of the way. I am riding a Honda Fury chopper...so not a lot of room between the side covers. It was a SQUEEZE to get all that wiring tucked in, which may contribute to why my remote doesn't have great range. At some point in the future I will replace the battery to see if it helps with the range, but for now it's all working.

Small issues: The instructions are good, but have some misinformation. The buttons are mislabeled on the instructions. But just play with the remote and you'll get the hang of the operation. Sometimes, not all the time, I have to press the color-change button multiple times to get the color to cycle through. Other times it takes one click to advance. The remote seems to have a "mind of its own" sometimes. Similarly, sometimes but not all the time, when I press the light mode buttons, the lights "behave" and other times they do not, requiring multiple clicks. The LED pod leads are not as long I would have liked, especially for pods mounted forward of the tank. For all the cables and wires, you may still need to consider ordering a 4-pack of lead extensions (my recommendation is this 4-pack of extensions which has similarly excellent wire protection and weather resistance: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B078TDJHS7/).

This is minor stuff, and overall I'm very happy. I'd totally order this exact kit again, and recommend to everyone.

Noteworthy differences in this kit vs other kits I've ordered and returned, or used on other bikes:
Everything seems to be of very high quality. The cables are thick and each end has heat-shrink covering all wires up to the connection points. The LED pods are thick yet flexible. The 3M backing tape is strong! Just make sure you do a thorough job of cleaning the surface where the pod will be mounted and also make sure to degrease, de-dirt/dust and strip any waxes or protective coatings from the surface.

The brake light interface is my favorite feature! I posted a video showing the brake light feature in action. No matter what color the LEDs are set for, all pods go solid red when you hit your brakes. I love that feature. I would caution you to make sure that you're not a "brake pumper" if you live in a state where flashing lights or alternating red/blue lights are reserved only for law enforcement. It's also worth noting that if your LEDs are set to solid red then there's no differentiation when you hit the brakes, as all LEDs are already solid red.

The kit comes with two remotes. One remote is for your pocket, everyday use. The other remote is for "tuning" the light colors and brightness to your liking, and you will likely leave it in your tool box once you get everything set the way you like. The kit also comes with extra wire leads, some 2-sided tape and a couple of fork spade connectors for the power connections. The kit does not come with any t-tap or butt connectors for the brake lead, so you may want to pick up some basic electrical connectors before you begin (or use LOTS of electrical tape).

Make sure when you install the pods on a moving part (e.g. the lower swing arm which pivots, front forks, etc) you give the wires enough "play" to move freely through the whole range of motion, yet not too much slack so as to get tangled in anything during minimal positioning. That could lead to the pods being damaged...or worse. Think before you "nail" everything in place.

Pictures in my review:
The first picture is from the first kit that came with the dead pod, wrapped in paper. I circled the end of the lead to show how the well the wires ends are protected, which is true for all the pods and wires. I love it!

The remaining pics and videos are of the various light colors and testing the brake light option.

I hope this review helps with your LED purchase decision and helps to dress up and customize your ride!
I have installed a few light kits before purchasing this one. One of the reasons I chose this particular kit was because of its ability to change colors, as well as the price. Once it arrived, I found that it had more features that I like.

First of all, the wiring is much thicker than on the kits I had previously installed. Second, it has quick-connectors in between every part of the system. This is very convenient for when you have to do maintenance on your bike and have to remove your tank: it means that you don't have to remove the lights from the tank: you can just disconnect the lights from the wiring harness.

Next, the kit comes with two remotes: one on a key chain, and the other is a bit larger yet thin, and allows you to choose the color and display pattern without having to scroll through.

Finally, the kit came with so many lights that I don't have a place to put them all: it really could be enough for two motorcycles. I ended up using just four of the light bars, and I'm quite pleased with the result. I may go back later and add more, which would be easy to do thanks to the quick connectors.

5 colors are shown, but there are many more colors available.
Old/Original Review:
Ordered this for the motorcycle because it has the brake light feature. It worked a couple of times, then quit working altogether. Tried to get a replacement, but all they do is let me return it. I'd prefer to have the just replaced the box, but now I have to take/peel the damn things off the bike so I can return them.

UPDATE!!!
After writing the previous review, I was contacted directly by DITRIO. Whereas Amazon wanted me to return all the parts for a refund, or return some of the parts for a partial refund, DITRIO contacted me to let me know that I should not take anything off the motorcycle, and they would work with me to resolve the problem. DITRIO offered several options, from sending me a complete replacement kit, to sending me just certain replacement parts. They were able to help me diagnose what may be wrong (turns out it was a bad control module), and then proceeded to send me a new kit. DITRIO's customer service has been awesome!

As for the lights, they work great! I have used several different light kits on a couple of different bikes, and a friend has used a more expensive system on his. These lights easily compete with his. The only exception is that these are not Bluetooth. Okay, so I have to use one of the two remotes (each with its own features). These lights work great with music, in fade or flash mode, or just simply in a solid light mode. The variety of light colors is also fantastic. The primary reason I chose this kit for both my wife's and my bike is the brake light feature. Whether the lights are on or off, or what color they are on, the lights all turn red when you hit the brake (if you connect it to the brake light wire). During the daylight, they may not be great, but they do provide better light. At night, they light the entire bike.

For the price and features, especially with the fantastic customer service, I highly recommend the DITRIO light kit.
Hard to write a review because I will not be using this product til spring and bike weather
Great product. Only time will tell concerning adhesion.


Price: US $639.96
Rating: 4.6 / 5.0 from 2 Reviews

Get it Now

Specification

offering most of the same features as the top-of-the-line pista gp r but in a carbon-fiberglass shell with adjustable vents, the corsa r is designed for uncompromising performance on the track.
a new interior construction provides a stable, pressure-free fit, and the patented, reversible crown pad features two distinct fabrics, allowing riders to select between warm and cool sides depending on conditions or personal preference.
a removable nose guard and wind deflector are both included, and the integrated ventilation system (ivs) places intake ports at areas of maximum airflow.shell in caaf (carbon-aramidic-fiberglass) engineered in four sizes with five-densities eps structure developed in four sizes.shell shape is designed to maximize aerodynamic performance and to minimize the risk of impact energies being channeled to the collar bone.
thanks to cfd analysis (computational fluid dynamics), the special ventilation system provides maximum airflow to the head through two front and side vents, one central vent and two extractors at the back of the helmet.
rear shape is engineered to minimize interference with racing suits structures in racing position.ivs (integrated ventilation system) ventilation with five large front vents and two rear extractors hollowed in the shell which direct air to the rider's head.
Fit type: Universal Fit


Description

Size:Medium | Color:Black

SSL (Super Super Light) carbon fiber shell, Four shell sizes, IVS (Integrated Ventilation System) with wide ducts hollowed into shell, Scratch-resistant clear visor with wide field of vision with tear-off pins, ready and suitable for tear-off shields, Visor is class 1 optical standard approved for excellent vision, XQRS (Extra Quick Release System) so you can replace the shield in seconds without the use of tools.


I put these on my motorcycle l love the different colours my bike looks great now.
After a bit of work and time super hapoy with the product.


Product information

Size:Medium | Color:Black

Technical Details

ManufacturerAGV
BrandAGV
ModelCorsa R
Item Weight4 pounds
Package Dimensions16.89 x 10.79 x 8.5 inches
Item model number6121O4HY00308
Is Discontinued By ManufacturerNo
Manufacturer Part Number216121O4HY_003_S
Cover IncludedHelmet
Safety RatingDOT Certified

Additional Information

ASINB072251R6Z
Best Sellers Rank#1,215,927 in Automotive (See Top 100 in Automotive)
#4,517 in Motorcycle & Powersports Helmets
Date First AvailableApril 13, 2017

Warranty & Support

Product Warranty:For warranty information about this product, please click here

Feedback

Would you like totell us about a lower price?

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment