Saturday, November 28, 2020

ScorpionEXO EXO-R710 Helmet (Black - 3X-Large)

ScorpionEXO EXO-R710 Helmet (Black - 3X-Large)


ScorpionEXO EXO-R710 Helmet (Black - 3X-Large)

Buy ScorpionEXO EXO-R710 Helmet (Black - 3X-Large): Helmets - ✓ FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases

Had this helmet for several months and it was a good helmet to start with. Road noise was kind of loud however it was super comfortable. I ride my bike daily and living in Florida it is always hot. I had to wash the liners every two weeks and did not have any issues until recently.

One day when driving down I-95 the left side of the helmet was vibrating and did not feel as snug. I arrived at work that morning and realized that the left side of the Polystyrene inner shell was no longer connected to the putter shell and was floating on the inside of the helmet. I removed and inserted the pads per the instructions from the manufacturer.

I searched online to see about any issues with this helmet and what a quick fix would be. After some research I found that there is no fix and that I should replace it. There is a 5 year warranty on the product and when I contacted them I was told that it likely was not a mfg issue it was the fact that I kept removing the pads for cleaning. Shouldn't it be built to withstand this? Rather than go back and forth with them I invested in a carbon fiber AGV helmet. No issues with that one yet.

It is a good helmet and I probably received a product with a unique issue. For a minimal budget and comfort it is good.
Overall, this is a really nice helmet for the price. I purchased it to replace a 10 year old Scorpion helmet which was showing it's age.

Pros:
- Appearance: I really like the look of this helmet. The flat black with a dark smoke/tinted visor is a great combination (the helmet only comes with a clear visor).
- Construction seems to be very good- no complaints
- Fitment is good, however I ordered a size up which fit best. Note that at first, the helmet will fit very snug (like all helmets). I used the old bikers trick of stuffing a towel into the helmet and left it there overnight- this expanded the padding and essentially served as the break-in period. I highly recommend this process.
- The helmet is lightweight (not sure why a few reviewers note that it is heavy- it is not).

Cons:
- Ventilation is marginal even though it has plenty of vents. Honestly, I have never owned a helmet which I felt had great ventilation- this one is no different. I do however ride a Harley touring bike, so the fairing/windshield likely limits helmet air flow a bit.
- I was not able to install a Bluetooth headset into the helmet- the padding/interior simply doesn't allow the proper routing of wires for the boom microphone. Not quite sure how to make this work yet. I am quite disappointed this would not work.

In summary, the helmet is not perfect, but of course no helmet likely is (especially for this price). I think the helmet offers a lot of value for the cost however and I recommend it.
This helmet has many features found on more expensive helmets without sacrificing protection:
- 4 Active vents
- visor detents
- Visor lock and crack
It looks great, too.
The interior padding is comfortable and breathable. The visor is easy to clean and fog-resistant.

It's heavier than more expensive helmets.
Visor is not pinlock-ready (the anti-fog coating will wear off at some point)
I can't find a size that's exactly right for me. Small was too small, Medium is just a little too big.

Overall, I'm very happy with this helmet. If you can still find one for $200, you'll be getting possibly the most bang-for-your-buck helmet out there.
Helmet fits great. It's very comfortable and I haven't had any discomfort issues while wearing for 8+ hours. It's not that heavy and it doesn't feel like a chore to wear. The visor lock is nice and the visor change system is very easy. It takes me about 5 seconds a side to change the visor. The vents on the helmet always keep my head cool when riding in the heat. Flipping the visor down helps to keep out a lot of the wind noise. It's slightly tight over the ears/back of the jaw when putting it on, so it caused a little issue with the style of Bluetooth headphones I used, but they weren't made for motorcycle helmets. And sometimes while pulling the helmet off, some of the cheek pad clips can come undone. This take like five seconds to reclip them. Overall, a great, stylish, helmet that is comfortable and won't break the bank.
Feels solid, good wind noise reduction. But there is a high pitched whistle whenever you are riding and have the bottom vent open. The first helmet I bought developed 2 small cracks on it after only 2 weeks of light use. I'm hoping it was just a fluke and not a design flaw. Will update when my replacement gets here.

Update: I received my replacement and right out of the box there was one small crack in the same location as my previous helmet. I will update again after a few weeks to let you guys know if the crack grows or the other side develops one too. The good news is that the new helmet doesn't have the annoying whistle noise coming from the lower vent.


Price: US $
Rating: 4.7 / 5.0 from 54 Reviews

Get it Now

Specification

TriMatrix Shell: A proprietary blend of interlaced fiberglass and Aramid fibers
Advanced Dual-Density EPS: A multi-layer EPS provides efficient energy displacement in key areas including EPS lining throughout the entire chin bar
Aero-Tuned Ventilation: Four intake ports across the front of the helmet force cool air into the helmet interior while three exhaust vents maximize movement of hot air out of the helmet
EverClear No Fog Face Shield: Optically-clear shield with state-of-the art fog free technology; Anti-Scratch hardened coating; 100 percent UV protection (Clear shield included)
DOT approved. Meets the FMVSS 218 Standard


Description

Size:3X-Large | Color:Black

The all new EXO-R710 is Scorpion's latest edition to the popular R-Series with a feature list that is unparalleled in the fiberglass helmet category. Advanced features like the TriMatrix Shell, Ellip-Tec Base Plate System, Everclear No-Fog Face Shield and Emergency Release Cheek Pads allow the EXO-R710 to be at home in the canyons, commuting or during closed course competition.


Very nice helmet but I have had better. I get very hot in this helmet and even though it has vents, when I am stopped I get sweaty. I also have a rather large head and I bought the xxl and it still feels too tight (yes I am aware that motorcycle helmets are supposed to be tight) but this is uncomfortably tight.

There is a lot of padding and my head feels protected. Looks alone it's very cool and a nice matte black. Only four stars because I get hot and it is tight at times
I was in an accident and my head is fine thanks to this helmet. Really did it's job.
fit is good, fits true to size for me, love the speaker cut outs and the shield seals really nicely against the helmet, scorpion has always been good to me and with this having a dot and snell rating I dont see why I would go with a helmet thats far more expensive, if your looking for a good helmet with little wind noise and good features,look no further. absolutely love it
Excellent helmet ... Attentive service


Product information

Size:3X-Large | Color:Black

Technical Details

ManufacturerScorpion EXO
BrandScorpionEXO
ModelExo-r710 Helmet
Item Weight4.3 pounds
Product Dimensions1 x 1 x 1 inches
Item model number71-0038
Is Discontinued By ManufacturerNo
Manufacturer Part Number71-0038
Safety RatingDOT Certified
Vehicle Service TypeStreet-touring-motorcycles, Street-sport-motorcycles, Street-cruiser-motorcycles, Utility-vehicles, Street-motor-scooters, All-terrain-vehicles

4.7 out of 5 starsBest Sellers Rank#100,689 in Automotive (See Top 100 in Automotive)
#351 in Motorcycle & Powersports Helmets
Date First AvailableNovember 5, 2014

Warranty & Support

Product Warranty:For warranty information about this product, please click here

Feedback

Would you like totell us about a lower price?

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment