Sunday, November 29, 2020

HJC Accessories RSP-10 Rear Vents Silver 1550-153

HJC Accessories RSP-10 Rear Vents Silver 1550-153


HJC Accessories RSP-10 Rear Vents Silver 1550-153

Buy HJC Accessories RSP-10 Rear Vents Silver 1550-153: Helmets - ✓ FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases

This lock works great. It' not made cheaply. That being said, I have these two comments:

1. Be sure you want it where you put it FOREVER. The tamper proof screws that come with it cannot be removed once tightened. If you're afraid of commitment go to hardware store and get your own screws. Of course, it's no longer "tamper proof" but if someone is walking around with a screwdriver and wants your helmet that bad well I guess they win that day.
2. It requires two hands to lock. You have to hold the latch piece in place and turn the key to lock it instead of it just snapping into place and being locked kind of like a MASTER lock. So keep that in mind when you're placing it. If you have bigger hands then you're gonna need more room to hold the helmet and manipulate the latch and key all at once.
Research on this product is huge as the type of bike you have truly dictates where this products can be mounted. I did not research it enough and had visions of mounting this on my frame just above the engine mounts on the right side so that it would be somewhat out of the way while allowing me to lock my helmet up when parked. WELL, this put the helmet too close to the engine/exhaust and I did not want to run the risk of burning or melting my helmet. So I tried to move it to the rear of the bike, NO GO, too much gong on back there to even attempt to mount. Next the left frame side, NOPE, wiring prevented a solid mount. So had to go with the forks of the bike. Not ideal but it serves its purpose, allows me to lock my helmet and due to the chrome finish of both the forks and the helmet lock it looks good and doesn't distract from the bike at all. Only issue here is that the tamper proof screws that come with it are not long enough so had to go to Lowes to get longer screws.

I do wish the locking mechanism was spring loaded so the hook would return and self lock, this seems like it shouldn't be that hard of a function that could have been designed into this, but knew going into the purchase this was not the case so this is more of a suggestion or be aware before you buy that you must return the hook to the up position and relock to get the hook to stay in place.

All in all it again serves its purpose and allows you to lockup your helmet, just make sure you know where you are going to put it and that it will fit and the engine will not touch your helmet.

Highly recommend purchasing this as well as your helmets D ring may not give you enough room to lock, Show Chrome Accessories 2-416 Helmet Lock Extension (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IUNO8LQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00)
First, it takes two hands to lock a helmet up with this lock ... every one makes that clear, I'm just confirming.

Its a very simple and straight forward design and that why it isn't over the top expensive. I went to true hardware and picked up two stainless steel star head screws to replace the screws that come with it. I did that because the screws that come with it don't allow you to remove the lock (or move the lock). That is not acceptable to me.

For me a helmet lock is just a deterrent while I'm in the store or having lunch, I'm not looking for fort Knox.
I wanted a device to install/attach to my '08 Harley Sportster Custom to keep my helmet somewhat secure so I wouldn't have to carry it around. I know that no helmet lock is 100% effective because any idiot with a box cutter can cut the chinstrap and steal it. I assume that even dirtbags who would steal someone's helmet wouldn't steal one they just made useless by cutting the chinstrap. The second option was to have to remember to carry a padlock or pistol lock every time I rode and I didn't want to do that either. This Kuryakyn Universal Helmet Lock fit the bill. I looked at the smaller Kuryakyn Helmet Lock (7/8 - 1 1/4) but the only place I could've installed it was my handle bars and I didn't like the look of that. I got the 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 Helmet Lock and installed it to my upper forks and it works perfectly. The chrome really blends in and when my bike is parked my helmet hangs away from heat.
I had a bike that featured a excellent helmet lock built into the bike.
Can't begin to tell you how convenient this feature is.
Recently a friend of mine bought a bike that didn't have this feature.
I bought this little item for him, he has since paid me back.
He LOVES it.
Not having to lug his helmet around with him everywhere, he locks it into
place on his bike. To quote him "Man this is one of the best inventions to
come along".
I agree, but I have to add a caveat about this item. Before installing this
item, be very sure and careful about where you install it. Once you do you'll
be stuck with it. That's one of the great strengths about this lock. You'll
be hard pressed to remove it, as will any thieves. To remove it you'll have to
destroy it. Very difficult. That's what makes this lock such a plus.
Mark


Price: US $20.43
Rating: 4.5 / 5.0 from 129 Reviews

Get it Now

Specification

Rear Vent for RPHA-10 and RPS-10 Helmets
Accessory item for DOT FMVSS No. 218 Certified Helmet


Description

Rear Vent for RPHA-10 and RPS-10 Helmets.


I mounted this on my highway bars in a convenient location to reach when I'm sitting on my bike. I added some one-sided weather stripping for a more snug fit and so it would scratch my bars. The hook is big enough to hang my helmet and goggles on. I generally don't lock it but if I'm somewhere where I won't be able to keep an eye on my stuff, I do. Sure, it's a little inconvenient to have to operate the key with one hand as I close the lock with my other. But I lock it so infrequently that it doesn't matter.
clamps on to my crash bar on my Sportster. Only complaint is the key doesn't always go into the lock very easy, otherwise great
Works fine. Just replaced the screws so i can move it if needed. The one ways are a good idea but if someone wants the helmet bad enough they will get it.
Arrived in a very short period. Required the larger size as I needed it to fit my engine guard. Excellent quality and fit. Not over priced and easy installation.
Have to install looks strong!


Product information

Technical Details

ManufacturerHJC
BrandHJC Helmets
ModelRear Vent for Rpha-10 and Rps-10 Helmets
Item Weight1.6 ounces
Is Discontinued By ManufacturerNo
Manufacturer Part Number1550-153
Safety RatingOther

Additional Information

ASINB00A6ULO5O
Date First AvailableNovember 23, 2012

Warranty & Support

Product Warranty:For warranty information about this product, please click here

Feedback

Would you like totell us about a lower price?

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment